Please follow these guidelines to upload your document submission.
- The application should be submitted electronically per requirements via the web site, here.
- There are no submission deadlines; applications can be submitted at anytime.
- IGS and FDA personnel can assist/guide you in preparing the application.
Email us here for more information.
- In the application, please respond to the following:
- State the relevance to infectious disease for the organism(s) to be studied; for example the public health significance, model system etc.
- Are there genome data for organisms in the same phylum / class / family / genus? What is the status of other sequencing / genotyping projects on the same organism? Provide information on other characteristics (genome size, GC content, repetitive DNA, pre- existing arrays etc.) relevant to the proposed study.
- Provide the rationale behind the selection of strains and the number of strains proposed in the study. Are the strains listed on the FDA ARGOS Preferred Organism List?
- For bacterial, fungal, and parasite organisms, are you able to provide >10ug of high-molecular weight genomic DNA for each isolate? For viral isolates, what genomic material will be provided?
- Can the resulting genome sequence data be promptly released to public archives (NCBI SRA, Genbank, etc.)?
- Investigators can expect to receive a response within 4-6 weeks after submission.